Saturday, October 22, 2005

Roocha- I love that word in a twisted way, as it is probably the single word that defines me best. Roocha means "running" in the Amharic language and it symbolizes my life, and perhaps yours, in more ways than one.

Life itself is one big roocha, especially living in the "convenience" of the western world, with a job, family, chores, etc. And I am barely keeping my head above water managing these on a day-to-day basis.

But roocha also symbolizes my always being in a rush- urgency addiction. I am constantly struggling with making it to my appointments on time and always in a roocha to get to somewhere or get something done.

However, I like the word roocha because I LOVE the world of athletics and road running. It doesn't hurt to be from Ethiopia to have great appreciation for the finer aspects of running, and I have been an avid follower of the sport of roocha for about a decade now. I can (and will in the future) write the defining moment that brought roocha to the fore front of my life.

Finally, I like roocha because it seems to intertwined different facets of life and serves as metaphor for day to day living. I will use this space to discuss roocha from an expatriate Ethiopian perspective. I will provide info on current ongoings on the sport of roocha, particularly Ethiopian roocha, as well as commentary on life as a roocha.

Hope you will enjoy your visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home